Vitamin D deficiency means you do not use enough vitamins for health which is also important.
Why do I need vitamin D?
Vitamin D absorbs calcium absorption in your body. Calcium bone is one of the main building blocks also vitamin D plays an important role in your nervous, muscle and immune system.
How do I get vitamin D?
You can find vitamin D in three standard ways: your skin, your diet, and also in supplements. Your body naturally produces vitamin D after dealing with sunlight. But too much sun exposure can lead to skin problems like skin infection, skin aging, and skin cancer. Many people try to get vitamins from other sources.
How many vitamins do I need?
You need every day the quantity of vitamin D depends on your age. Recommended quantities are in international units (IU)
- Birth to 12 months: 400 IU
- Children 1-13 years: 600 IU
- 14-18 years Teens: 600 IU
- Adults – 19 years: 600 IU
- Adults 71 years old: 800 IO yo
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women: 600 IU
However, potential risk vitamin D deficiency may require more amount. If you have a deficiency of vitamin D, then the treatment is with the physician. Consult it with your doctor, how much you need, how often it needs to be taken, and specifically, how long it needs to be taken.
What is the reason for deficiency of vitamin D?
For different reasons you can reduce vitamin D:
- For example, do not get a proper and specific amount of vitamins in your diet
- Similarly, you do not absorb vitamins D in excess of food.
- Besides, you are not getting vitamin D enough from exposure to sunlight.
- Also, your body organs liver or kidneys properly cannot convert vitamins into their active shape in the body.
- Take the medicines that interfere with the ability to change or absorb vitamin D with your body.
Who is the risk of vitamin D deficiency?
Some people are the high risk of vitamin D deficiency:
- Breastfeeding infant babies, because the major problem in human milk is a poor source of vitamins D. Because if you are breastfeeding, give your child a 400 IU Vitamin D supplement to your child every day.
- Older adults, because in your skin when you were young, your skin does not make vitamin D. After dealing with sunlight, and your kidneys are unable to convert vitamin D into their active shape.
- Dark Completion as a result of vitamin d deficiency, which has less potential to build vitamin D from the sunlight.
- Those with disorders such as Crohn’s Or celiac disease, do not hold the fat properly, because vitamin D is required to absorb.
- Those who are obesity also have this problem, their body fat is tied to some vitamin D and prevents it from taking it into the blood.
- Likewise, Gastric bypass surgery
- Similarly, Osteoporosis people.
- In the same way, Chronic kidneys or liver disease people.
- People of hyperparathyroidism(a lot of a hormone controlling body calcium levels) may also be affected.
- Sarcoidosis patient, histoplasmosis, tuberculosis or also another granulomatous disease
- Some lymphomas.
- By taking medicines to influence the effect of vitamins such as cholestyramine, anti-seizure drugs, glucocorticoids, antifungal drugs, and HIV/AIDS medicines.
Talk to your healthcare provider if you are in danger of deficiency of vitamin D. There is a blood test that measures how much vitamin D is in your body.
Which type of problems can be produced due to deficiency of vitamin D?
Vitamin D deficiency can cause bone density, as a result it can take part in osteoporosis and fractures.
Reduced severe vitamin D can also give birth to other diseases. Due to this Rickets problem can be produced in children. Rickets is a dangerous disease due to which bones become soften and bend. In fact, African American children are more likely to get rickets. Due to this problem, it can produce a result in adults like osteomalacia. This disease generates problems such as bone weakness, pain in bones and weak muscle.
The researchers are keenly studying the effects of this problem. Vitamin D which are including in different and severe health problems and also diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, and autoimmune diseases, etc. The research is getting deep about vitamin D and also its value and effectiveness.
Vitamin D and heart failure
Recently, Medical News Today reported a study that the type of vitamin D is used to model a mouse, which is said that the 1.25-dihydroxy vitamin D3 is called, affects heart cells. Especially, researchers see the cells responsible for developing a damaged tissue after a heart attack, called the Fibroblast (CCFU-FZ) unit of the cardiac colony.
Furthermore, researchers found that Vitamins D stopped the CCFU-F process, which prevented the damaging tissue from building around the mice in the study, potentially hearted prevent the barriers in the system.
“With more studies,” authors wrote, “Vitamins D may be proven to be proven in addition to interesting, low cost for current treatment. And we hope these results make progress in clinical trials for humans.”
Vitamin D and Cancer
In recent studies, both breast cancer and bowel cancer are related to the reduction in vitamins D. Researchers show that the high levels of vitamin D were associated with the risk of breast cancer in those women who were mainly cancer-free. From study results, low risk of vitamin D, low risk of breast cancer.
As a result of this relationship, the major factors, age, body was adjusted for mass index (BMI), calcium supplements, and habits of smoking.
Although a link between vitamin D deficiency and colorectal cancer has already been reported, all studies have not copied these results. A new, mass study attempted to solve data by three continents, including 5,700 colorectal cancer cases and 7,100 controls.
Vitamin D and stomach fat
Another recent study examined the pre-linked link between the lower levels of obesity and vitamin D, especially focused on how different body fat can communicate with vitamin D.
The study authors reported that:
A strong relationship between the lower levels of stomach fat and vitamin D shows that people are more vulnerable to growth reduction with lower rooms and consider examining their vitamin D levels.
However, this study not proved that due to lack of vitamins, keeping stomach fat or due to this problem in some way it reduces vitamin D deficiency. Researchers say that due to future studies, they will try to solve this issue.
Vitamin D and Alzheimer’s disease
Research in Australia recently tried to solve the debate surrounding Vitamin D’s ability to protect against alcoholic. The regular review analyzed the association with more than 70 studies.
The conclusion was that there is no connectivity among the risk of vitamin D and Alzheimer’s risk.
Vitamin D and chronic pain
In many years, some scientists have obtained ideas that vitamin D levels may cause chronic pain due to low levels.
Therefore, in 2015, a group of scientists intends to end the current evidence to examine the relationship.
As a result, the Cochin reviewer has been updated in 2015 that:
“Theoretical and incidental evidence suggests that there may be a role in reducing vitamins D in etiology of chronic illnesses.” The team got results from many studies.
After the analysis, he concluded that the available scientific evidence is not strong enough to support the contact between chronic pain and vitamin D.
According to the authors, “According to this evidence, various beneficial effects of Vitamins D are not likely to affect many acute painful conditions. Can there be beneficial effects in specific chronic pain situations of Vitamin D and it is needed to be investigated.”
Sources of vitamin D:
The following food of items that naturally contain vitamin D:
- Sample fish such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel
- Beverage liver
Fortified foods are also the source to get vitamin D. Check the labels of food to determine whether which food item is riches in vitamin D.
Some of the following fortified food items contain vitamin D:
- Breakfast food items
- Orange juice
- Dairy products
- Soy drinks
There are also medicines of vitamin D in both tablets and liquids for children.
Can Vitamin D be Harmful?
- Excess amount of vitamin D can be very harmful this can produce problems such as nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, constipation, weakness, and weight loss.
- Extra vitamin D can also harm the kidneys.
- It highs the calcium level in your blood. As a result, high levels of blood calcium can create problems with confusion, illness and heart rhythm.
Vitamins D toxicity usually happens when the excess amount of vitamin D supplements is added in the user diet. As a result, the extreme use of supplements of vitamin D is toxified in many cases. Excessive sunlight exposure does not create any harmful effects for the human body.